Sunday, August 21, 2011

Aug 22

Carol and Rob knocking out some box jumps.

Benchmark Monday!! 

Benchmark workouts and lifts are a major part of CrossFit and why it is such a successful fitness program. It is measurable fitness. Record your workouts (weight, time, scaled or Rx'd). You need to do this to see progression in your fitness level. 

Is your Fran time faster? Did you do your pull ups without a band this time? Did you use heavier weight? Did you complete it Rx'd? 

Answering these questions will help you see your fitness level increase. 

"Yes, my Fran time dropped by :30".....(You are more fit!!) "Yes my back squat went up 10lbs." (You are stronger!!)

CrossFit = Measurable Fitness

Todays WOD is

"HELEN"

3 Rounds of:
400m Run
21 KB Swings (1.5/1)
12 Pull ups 

4 comments:

  1. So, I have been absent for a while. It started with my 5 day bender back in Texas. Then when I got back I hurt my back with a 155# C&J metcon so today I just did body weight stuff.

    1 mi run
    3 rds:
    12 Pull Ups
    12 K2E
    2rds:
    25 hand release push ups

    - Hooker

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12:25...pullups still a mess but a far cry from the first time I did Helen (my very first CF WOD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Charles! Wanting to do this one soon...it's been far too long (and Ken beat me, so that just fuels the fire).

    ReplyDelete